Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Campaign trail karma schedules a meet with Tracey Shane


Had one heck of a good day tripping up Kingsway handing out fliers and campaigning. I stopped around 3:30 at Trout Lake to allow the White Wolf to play, while I sat beside a young lady with a guitar leaning encased against the bench to her left. She liked my hat so I did a little bit of political chatting and handed her some paper. We shared a bit of our lives and then an old buddy came by with his Wolf. We all had a sprinkling of laughter about a variety of subjects.

After his wolf howled at him to get going, my bus driving bicycling friend had to leave. Now the young lady pulled her guitar out of its case and made it sing sweetly. I closed my eyes and listened to an original by Tracy Shane "Angel."

Then she told me a bittersweet story of how her guitar "Selena" came to her, being named after its former deceased owner. We talked of karma, how a wolf had figured into her day early as she did a search, and now here was my White Wolf. Then she did another original song "Trouble." This girl is talented! I truly enjoyed the moment. It was so rich.

The next story that flowed from Tracey was how she got the name for the band The Rekkening. It was a name her ex boyfriend had used against her, and now she's getting her fun out of using it to her advantage. She is a great story teller, born to entertain. It would be fun to catch a show and hear her for yourselves. We sat on my favorite "magic carpet" (park bench) and took rides through each other's lives. This sure dispelled a lot of the gloom I had earlier, and I realized that my karma gods had scheduled this meeting with Tracey's Karma gods and so because we both are creative people who listen to them, we kept the appointments.

She's looking for a drummer, so get on it Ringo! just google "The Rekkening" and get her email address for a try-out, karma-type appointment.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Tracey had sent me this link a long time before today 14th October
I've been busy
It's a Halloween romp her boyfriend is at and here is his band's website:
www. myspace. com/goredzilla

No comments: