Saturday, September 13, 2008

Aloofus is getting crowd habituated now...

Although he shuns contact initiated by those that would only wish to love and reach for him, the White Wolf is doing well.

Yes, those who aren't familiar with a socialized, but originally wild animal, will call him "spooked." In comparison to a domestic dog he is dysfunctional skittish.

In actuality, he's just very careful, not that afraid, but extremely cautious. The first encounters with humans at 20 weeks were not good. He associates people reaching for him with bad news. The fact is, as I stated before, that it was 4 months before he let me touch him first time.

He also tore into my face when I asked for him to handed over to me upon meeting, when he was initially left with us. I knew then that he was going to be a problem. I honestly tried to find a good home for him for about a year after we moved to the city. Finally he began to bond and I got to understand and love him deeply. Now he is my furry soul. If Rolly hadn't been around then, I would never have been able to bridge the gap.

All my dogs have taught me, but this one more about life and relationships and communication than I had learned in all the time before we met. Aloofus is really very sweet inside, but cautious.

No comments: